Startup the nest
The Government of Assam establish a state of the art incubator name as “the nest” with an end to end ecosystem and facilities like conference rooms, video conferencing facilities, 50 MBPS dedicated high speed internet connectivity, plug and play work spaces, design and testing labs. Apart from these facilities, Startups will receive various services such as business assistance, financial counselling, accounting assistance, legal and regulatory guidance, and access to mentors and investors.
The state government with IIM Calcutta Innovation Park as operating partner, anchor all its entrepreneurship related efforts through the state- owned incubator “the nest” acting as the hub and other existing incubators across the state as its spokes. The state incubator will support Startups across multiple sectors with the sole mission of developing Assam into the regional Startup Hub. Hence, most of the facilities available in the nest are free of cost.
Facilities of Startup the nest (Tangible)
- Co-working space: Each startup incubatee can avail the coworking space to do their official work with a desktop computer will be available in the nest.
- Lockers: Separate lockers are available for the incubate to keep their official documents
- High Speed Internet: Both Lan (Broadband) connection and Wi-Fi is also available in the nest for the incubates to avail
- Conference and meeting rooms: Conference room with projector and meting room are separately available for the incubates in the nest
- Other facilities: Printers and scanners, photocopiers, etc. are also available in the nest for the startups.
- Canteen: A canteen is also available in the nest for the startups for their meals and tea-snacks.
- Shared Services Desks: Separate desks comprising professionals providing shared services like legal, accounting, secretarial, etc. are also available in the nest for the startups at preferential rates.
Facilities of Startup the nest (Intangible)
- Dedicated Mentorship: A dedicated pool of mentors, comprising IIMC Alumni, Faculty, Entrepreneurs, and investors with expertise on different domains, will be on boarded and assigned to each of the startup incubates.
- Capacity Enhancement Training: Various capacity building trainings will be provided to the startup entrepreneurs in the nest like a) Basic financial tools, valuation/how to present financials for funding; b) Legal compliance & accounting; c) Branding & Marketing / Digital Marketing; d) training on Central & State govt facilities, support they offer; e) Pitching – presentation to the investor; f) Communication
- Training programme on various aspects of entrepreneurship: Besides, various other training programmes will be provided in the field of entrepreneurship like a) Social entrepreneurship basics, understanding of rural markets, base of pyramid consumers; b) Understanding the consumer; c) Managing team/leadership skills; d) Penetrating into foreign markets.
- Market Connect: Startup incubatees will also be provided market connect support by linking them with various programmes exposure visits, buyer-seller meet, exhibitions and other related opportunities.
- Networking Opportunities & Funding Connect: Through various forums, industry associates, financial institutes, academia, government schemes, mentors and investors the incubatees will be provided ample networking platforms where they can connect, get funded and grow their business.
- Branding and visibility: Once the incubatees are selected proper guidance will be given to them for increasing their market visibility. Brand building and brand promotion training through various forums and media will also be given to them. They will also be guided and linked to various other platforms and their startups will also be showcased through the media “success stories” of the nest eventually boosting their brand and increasing their visibility.
- Funding Connect: Connect incubates to various funding sources including venture funds, angel funds, Government seed / venture fund, collateral free Bank loan (if eligible) and ensuring successful exit in 18-24 months time frame.
- Capacity Building program for Facilitators of the Spokes (E-Cells / Incubators) will also be provided by the nest with the help of its pool of mentors and subject matter experts.
- Boot camps will also be organised by the nest across the state for incubated startups on various aspects of entrepreneurship.