Startup Recognition -MASI
MASI is an acronym for My Assam Start-up Id. MASI will enable an entity to get recognised as a startup under the Assam Startup Policy. Subsequently a startup with a MASI Id will have access to the state-wide infrastructure network and also to fiscal and other benefits under the Assam Startup Policy through the Assam start-up portal
Eligibility Criteria for MASI Recognition:
The registration can be done online by simply filling a standard form available in the “Apply Now” section below and uploading the following set of documents:
- Incorporation certificate.
- Proof of innovation as per any of the following:
- DIPP Startup India recognition certificate with one page write up of note on Innovation;
- Startup has a patent filed in the entity name and published in the Journal by the India Patent Office in areas affiliated with the nature of business being promoted with one page write up of note on Innovation with one page write up of note on Innovation;
- Sanction / Assurance Letter of funding / grant to the entity by Government of India or any State Government as part of any specified scheme to promote innovation with one page write up of note on Innovation;
- Letter of funding by any Incubation Fund/ Angel Fund/ Private Equity Fund/ Accelerator/ Angel Network duly registered with Securities and Exchange Board of India that endorses innovative nature of the business with one page write up of note on Innovation with one page write up of note on Innovation;
- If an entity doesn’t possess any of the above mentioned four documents, they may submit a one page write-up / note explaining innovative nature of the applicant entity. The applicant entity is encouraged to share its business plan along with the note on innovation.